Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Letter #39 - June 15, 2010


Happy NINE months to me this week! How weird to be about half way done. On one hand, I can't believe that I've been here that long and on the other, nine more months still seems like an eternity.

This week we baptized Idaida, the wife of Omar who was baptized last week. It felt so good to see them together after her confirmation, a new couple in the church. They both came to the District Conference on Sunday with their little daughter.



The conference was so good and Elder Duartes of the second quorum of the 70 spoke. He told us about the three siempres and the two nuncas that he and his wife promised each other when they first got married. The siempres are 1) always have family prayer, script

ures, and FHE. That is kind of three in one but we went with it. The second 2) always pay a full tithe and 3) always serve in the church. He talked about how every calling in the church is important and that is the beauty of serving in the church. The bishops of the wards next calling could be a primary teacher. It's not like a ladder in the church. He also spoke of the blessings of paying tithing in his and his families lives. The two nuncas were 1) never go to bed without resolving differences with your spouse and 2) never yell or abuse your spouse in any way. That is surprisingly a problem here. The way the culture does discipline is by yelling and hitting. These were all really basic things but it was interresting that as he was speaking I kept thinking, Yes! He is giving them the secrets to life, the keys of happiness. The whole conference was really good and fortifying for the members and the recient converts and I was glad that we had about 125 people there from Jinotega.


So other news is that because of a mistake on the APs part, I already know about the changes this wednesday... I will be leaving Jinotega and my new area is Ciudad Jardin in Managua. I'm excited and a little aprehensive because the elders told me that it's a new area we will be opening up. That means that things will be hard at the beginning but exciting. I still have no idea who my companion is or anything, but it will surely be another huge learning experience like everything is on a mission. Well, I am sadly out of time and I didn't even write anything very funny or interesting this week. Sorry for the boring email guys. I love you all a whole bunch though.


Being a missionary is the best thing in the world - bringing families to the truth.


Love, Hna. Crosland

No comments: