Monday, May 11, 2009

Runnin'-runnin-in

I hate running. I've heard all the arguments in favor of this less-than-appealing mode of exercise - the great way to see places and experience the outdoors, the great chance to set goals and see improvement, the great great feeling you get at the end of a long run... But I still don't get it. Running hurts every part of my body.

Nevertheless, I have been running three times a week with my African Lover (story to come, maybe, I still don't really know who reads this) and today he decided we should run up the hill behind the Timpview baseball diamond a few times. I. WANTED. TO. DIE.

(African Lover)


Keep telling me that this is good for me, that it will get easier, that I will get slimmer, that I will feel more alive.

For now I still hate it.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Michelle, it is good for you, it will get easier, you will get slimmer, and you will feel more alive!! :D (Did it help??)

Jenny said...

Running is good for you, and so is your African lover. I miss you.

madamelinae said...

Oh Michelle, I totally agree with you. I hate running as well. Plus: I look ridiculous when doing it.
It makes me feel a lot better to know that you feel the same way about it. But hey, we are strong women, we will make it anyway. :)
Love you.

Unknown said...

afreekan loahvour.

haha. i hope he reads this and takes it as a sign that you're going to accept the ring he bought you.

Chelsey said...

Cass and I ran a half marathon one time, having not run in about 4 months prior. You know, just to test the limits of our body. I'm pretty sure I broke my foot that day, and I don't think I've run since. Lately I've been spreading the lie that it prematurely ages you. That makes me feel better. Good luck in Africa!

Lon and Brooke said...

So... I need to be filled in. African Lover? hmmm... Im lost. But truly running is an aquired taste. The more you do it the less you hate it! PROMISE!