Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Letter #16 - January 11, 2010

Lovely Familia,

This week had lots of ups and downs. I have a serious love/hate relationship with being “in charge.” It has been really nice to address some needs that I wasn’t able to when working with Hna. Bustillos because we were always on her agenda. During our weekly planning session I flushed out the area book of all the junk that didn’t need to be in there and organized it a lot better. I feel like I know a lot more about what is going on by taking charge and figuring things out on my own this week. I found the forms that we had been neglecting and focused on using them this week to keep better track of people and make better plans. Hna. Pineda and I also made a branch mission plan for the whole year with the branch President. We had a meeting with the hombre who used to be the branch mission leader, and technically still is, and he’s still not sure if his work responsibilities are going to allow for him to have the time to be the branch mission leader, but things are looking positive. All in all, I feel a lot more organized and hopeful that a change for the good is taking place here and that soon we will have enough faithful priesthood leaders to form a ward here.

The most frustrating thing is seeing members not living the commandments and neglecting responsibilities. But we do our best to motivate them. It’s interesting to have so many people to worry and care about. All the members, their personal struggles, their spiritual well-being, our investigators and how they are coming along, if they are really understanding what we are teaching. I didn’t know I would care so much. Sometimes it’s hard to stay positive. I’ve never seen so many problems first hand before in my life nor felt the responsibility to help in everyway I can. But I keep my faith in the Lord. He knows and cares about these people infinitely more than I do and as I continue to work as hard as I can, I know he is guiding my efforts.

Being a missionary is the best thing in the world – it’s all about love.

To answer a few questions: I got the dress and it fits fine, but the buttons all the way down the front are a bit of a problem so I’ve only worn it once… Maybe when I get to a less windy area I’ll be able to use it more. Also, Hna. Pineda and I are getting along fine and figuring things out with the help of our mission leaders. I hope you got the email where I attached a few pictures. It finally worked this week I think. Love you all eternally.

Love,
Hna. Crosland

No comments: