Monday, April 26, 2010

Letter #31 - April 16, 2010

Dear Everyone,

It's been a bit of a crazy week. We had interviews and meetings all day Tuesday and Wednesday morning I was in the hospital getting an ingrown toenail taken care of. The hospital in Jinotega is seriously a scary place. I'm glad it was nothing more serious than an ingrown toenail that I was being treated for. They shot up my toe with anesthesia which hurt like crazy and then cut out the ingrown part of my nail. I used one shoe and one sandal for a few days but that wasn't very ideal so I'm back to my shoes and so far haven't had any more problems. Phew!

We're planning a huge three day activity for all the young single adults in Nicarauga this weekend. It should be awesome. It's going to be here in Matagalpa (the zone that I'm in, not my area) so the missionaries here are in charge of planning everything. A little crazy but fun too...

We got new mission standards or goals I guess and it's been amazing to see what the Lord is able to do with missionaries who put their trust in him even when the task seems impossible. I was skeptical and really lacking faith at first that we could accomplish all that is being asked of us, but I had a really good interview with Pres. Fraatz and I decided stop questioning the sanity of my leaders and just work hard and have faith. We don't meet every goal every day but the improvement has been drastic. We put nearly four baptismal dates every day with people we contact in the street.

Now, not all of these get baptized, but we are better able to discern which people will really progress and focus on those who are willing to change their lives. I think a big part of what I have learned, and what I continue to learn here is that when what the Lord asks seems crazy, illogical, or even impossible, the only thing to do is augment your faith and do it anyway. Just do it. So we have to find four people each day willing to accept a baptismal date, we just do it. And the Lord puts those people in our path when we believe it can be done. For me, my mission has been one impossible obstacle after another, but I am learning that I can do ANYTHING
with faith in my Savior. It's humbling and empowering at the same time.

Well I love you all very much. Good luck with all that you are doing and know that nothing is impossible. The Lord is building us into the men and women for the eternities.

Being a missionary is the best thing in the world - SÍ SE PUEDE!


with all my love,

Hna. Crosland

1 comment:

NOLIMIT said...

I know i dont write at all. but you are doing a good job.i hope your toes are fine now and you are walking and doing what you have come to love doing best.
The prophet Joseph Smith taught me one thing after oliver lost the 106 or 100 pages of the BOM, he said when the Lord commands do it. so knowing that now will help you move mountains. Keep up the good work.