Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Letter #45, July 26, 2010

My dear family,

This week's email has to be very short. I'm sorry. Today, we got some big plastic sheets and made a slip-n-slide at the church. It was pretty wild. One elder even bought some detergent and we had a good foam going. We filled up the big yellow mop buckets with wheels to get it all wet and took turns slipping and sliding on our bellies, backs, and feet. Then we got a water fight going and every except two or three elders got super soaked. It was fun to play and laugh and not think about the problems of the week for a minute.

We had an interesting week, getting to know our investigators and their problems a little more in depth. It's hard to see them in their trials. Keep Hna. Coco and Shilo and José in your prayers. I know that the gospel can heal their hearts. I know it will take time, but I also know that it's possible. There are so many broken hearts, so many lives in tatters, and everyone is just trying to make it through to the next day. But without the gospel, what is it all for? What is the point of making it through one more painful day, just to wake up to the next one? Is it for the glimmer of hope of finding a brief sliver of happiness to aliviate the heartache and monotony? If that is all we can hope for, then what is the point?

Of course there is something more. Clearly we have a Father in Heaven who intends for our lives to be so much more than that. We are to have JOY, not just fleeting happiness, the kind of joy that gives us inner peace and assurance despite the natural circumstances of living a mortal life. And that joy comes from having Jesus Christ as our Savior, the lover and healer of our souls.

I know He lives. I know He knows us, and cares for us, and has our every care and worry constantly present before Him. He knows how to succor his people. He knows how to repair our broken lives. And as we learn of Him, and strive to do what he said, we will become like Him. I'm going to leave all of you the challenge of having a really good talk with your Father in Heaven this week. Converse with Him. And let Him show you the way.

Being a missionary is the best thing in the world - we truly can make a difference.

Hna. Crosland

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

..I dont know how to pray..and make my problems go away. and yet at the same times, I constantly see my problems.. and then I hear about how great God is.. and I continue to try.. to stay positive.. or to work on my problems. and yet these problems still stay with me everyday. ..i really hope there is some salvation somewhere..