Monday, August 23, 2010

Letter #49 - August 23, 2010

Dear family and friends,

I’m still here in Ciudad Jardin with Hna. Tunche. Neither of us had changes. So we at least have another six week in this lovely garden city…haha, truly there’s no great garden, but I do love it here. This week’s letter is going to be a little bit short because I spent too much time being charmed by the ultrasounds of my new niece, baby Ada. Wow, what a heart breaker. It makes me ache to be home a little bit but I also can’t imagine my time here being over. There is so much to DO!

We are teaching a new family that I'm really excited about. Their names are Luis and Suyén (sue-jen, with the accent on jen). Yesterday was there second time at church and Luis even came with a white shirt and tie on! Wow, and with their cute kids all gussied up. They are really open and like learning about how they can strengthen their family. Suyén feels like men have all the priviledges in this church and was asking why women can't have the priesthood but we did our best to explain the roles of husbands and wives in the gospel and how we aren't complete without each other, that the church doesn't favor men and teaches about the divinity of women. I hope she can see the beauty of our different but equal roles.

I hope you're still praying for Mijaly and Yolanda. We're fighting for them to be baptized this weekend but Mijaly is disanimated (is that a word in English?). We are going to bring them to the Medina's tonight for a Noche de Hogar and try to help him see what a difference the gospel can make for his young family. Maybe seeing the success of the Medina family and how happy they are will help him see the big picture a little clearer and get him interested in the gospel again.

Paige said that it has been a little rainy there lately. It's still raining here a lot too, and the thunder and lightening storms are gorgeous. A few nights ago as we were leaving the house of Luis and Suyén, a monsoon started. Our house isn't very far away from theirs, but by the time we were unlocking the front gate, we were completely drenched. Not a dry spot on us. Even my hair, which was tied up in a bun was soaked through. Wow, maybe it's time to buy an umbrella? Supposedly October is the hurricane month. I guess we'll see.

I still haven't gotten the package yet, but with a little luck it's still on it's way and nobody snatched it. I've worn holes into the bottom of the new shoes you sent me in April, but they still work just fine. And I still have one pair without holes in the soles, just the side of the leather is ripped. But I will be fine with shoes and clothes until I get home. The rainy season is coming to an end, just two more months, and everything is just fine in the logistics department. The Lord has blessed me with everything I need, and I couln't be happier to have everything that I do.

It is such a blessing to have a solid roof over head, to be eating three meals a day, and to have clothes to put on my body. And what's more, I have the gospel in my life, so even if I didn't have those things, I know I'd make it through and I know what the future holds if we are faithful. Let us all go on in this beautiful and eternal cause. We have so much to give.

Let's not hold back, because we are truly a blessed people beyond measure.

Thanks for all your support and love. I love hearing from you.

Being a missionary is the best thing in the world - we've got everything to give and nothing to loose.

Love, Hna. Crosland

No comments: